Welcome to the BEAM Forum!

We encourage you to sign in our forum and participate in the BEAM community. The forum is maintained by the BEAM project team who will most likely answer your questions within 24 hours (except during common holidays) - if not done by other community members. Collaborate, share your knowledge and learn from other users!

If you don't find what you are looking for, please also consider the following external forums:

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
Wish list - Enable attach geocoding for PixEx operator
toggle
Wish list - Enable attach geocoding for PixEx operator
gpt pixel geocoding pixex coastcolour
10/22/13 2:33 PM
Dear BEAM development team,

I would like to request some extra functionality for pixel extraction. I think that it would be useful if the user can have a boolean variable to request that the pixel geocoding should be attached for pixel extraction. Specially when you are batch processing MERIS CoastColour files using the GPT.
Cheers,
Jose
Flag Flag
RE: Wish list - Enable attach geocoding for PixEx operator
10/23/13 11:02 AM as a reply to Jose M. Beltran.
Hi Jose,

actually the CoastColour products should have a pixel geo-coding attached. As the format is NetCDF there is no other geo-coding information.
Or do you have the data in a different format?

Cheers
Marco
Flag Flag
amorgos wishlist
6/22/14 5:45 PM as a reply to Marco Peters.
Dear Marco,

My wish list is for MERIS datasets processed with AMORGOS but that are not CoastColor products. When you call for pixel extraction, using the GPT tool, BEAM does not take into account the AMORGOS bands over this type of products by default. It uses the tie-point grid to get the geo-location. Therefore, my wish is to have a checkbox to enable the use of AMORGOS bands to extract pixel information based on more accurate geolocation than what is provided by the tie-point grid when it is available.
emoticon
Flag Flag
6/23/14 10:03 AM as a reply to Jose M. Beltran.
Hi Jose,

you can edit the beam.config file in the config folder of the BEAM installation directory.
There you will find the option beam.envisat.usePixelGeoCoding
You can remove the '#' character at the beginning of the line to enable it.
But be aware, if you do so, opening of a MERIS product with a pixel based geo-coding will take longer.

regards
Marco
Flag Flag
amorgos gpt wishlist
6/23/14 2:31 PM as a reply to Marco Peters.
Dear Marco,

I have tried with the .config file before. However, remembering to enable or disable was a bit of pain. Just imaging how beautiful would it be to have that option in the GPT tool, to enable or disable more accurate geolocation when available, not only for the pixel extraction, but for all the GPT tools! Do you agree that it will be clearer and simple to use that going into the .config file?
At least still is a wish to have this functionality implemented.
Cheers,
Jose
Flag Flag
6/23/14 4:42 PM as a reply to Jose M. Beltran.
Mmmh. Because this option is not only restricted to gpt it makes sense in the global configuration. But I agree that it would be nice to be able to toggle this property for each run without to twiddle with the config file.
You could copy the gpt{.bat/.sh} file and add the option -Dbeam.envisat.usePixelGeoCoding=true to it. Save it as gpt_pgc or what ever you like. This way you can easily switch between both options.
This is only an work around.

regards
Marco
Flag Flag