Welcome to the BEAM Forum!

We encourage you to sign in our forum and participate in the BEAM community. The forum is maintained by the BEAM project team who will most likely answer your questions within 24 hours (except during common holidays) - if not done by other community members. Collaborate, share your knowledge and learn from other users!

If you don't find what you are looking for, please also consider the following external forums:

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
VEGETATION-2 geolocation
toggle
VEGETATION-2 geolocation
6/20/12 11:32 AM
Hello,

When opening a VGT-2 P1 product (HDF, with Stereographique Polaire projection) the generated coordinates of the corner pixels are different to the values in the product log file; they all appear to be shifted by approx 700 metres. Can you advise as to this discrepancy?

The VGT pixel geolocation is given for the pixel centre, and I have BEAM version set to provide geolocation at pixel centres, however the discrepancy looks suspiciously like the difference between the pixel centre and pixel corner localisation??

Many thanks for your help,
Chris
Flag Flag
RE: VEGETATION-2 geolocation
6/28/12 6:14 PM as a reply to Chris Kent.
Hi Chris,

the VGT-2 P1 product reader has been developed quite while ago, but this geo-coding issue has never been reported. Possibly there where format changes meanwhile. I will need to hava a look at your specific file. Could you please provide it?

Regards
Norman
Flag Flag
6/29/12 10:21 AM as a reply to Norman Fomferra.
Hi Norman,

I have placed the product on an FTP server and sent you the details.

Best Regards
Chris
Flag Flag
7/4/12 3:31 PM as a reply to Chris Kent.
Hi Chris,

we checked the issue and could identify the problem. Indeed, there was a mismatch of half a pixel in the geolocation code of the BEAM SPOT-VGT reader. We fixed this, please update the 'BEAM SPOT-VGT Product Reader' to version 1.2.2 with the BEAM Module Manager.

Best regards,
Olaf

Chris Kent:
Hi Norman,

I have placed the product on an FTP server and sent you the details.

Best Regards
Chris
Flag Flag