Welcome to the BEAM Forum!

We encourage you to sign in our forum and participate in the BEAM community. The forum is maintained by the BEAM project team who will most likely answer your questions within 24 hours (except during common holidays) - if not done by other community members. Collaborate, share your knowledge and learn from other users!

If you don't find what you are looking for, please also consider the following external forums:

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
Advice on enable pixel-geo information in beam.config. N1 input ODESA
Advice on enable pixel-geo information in beam.config. N1 input ODESA
amorgos gpt odesa icol megs
5/7/12 11:08 AM
Dear All,

I would like to hear your advice on enabling the per-pixel geo-information in the beam.config when you have the AMORGOS correction. So far I have not enabled this option by default, but I notice that If I do, actually all the pre-processing and processing that uses the lat lon corrdinates will actually use the location that AMORGOS provides, which is actually what I want. But what will happen when I use this corrected product within the ODESA1.2.4?
I am batch processing using gpt graphs. Thus, to keep the ENVISAT file format after equalization using the correct radiometry operator or ICOL, when I use the N1.patcher operator it may overwrite the latitude and longitude coordinates that were first tie-point based with those of AMORGOS. Then I will have a .N1 product to use within ODESA1.2.4/MEGS8.1 with different coordinates than the originals. My feeling is that I should use this improved location coordinates within ODESA1.2.4, because if ODESA recognize and use the corrected coordinates of the input MER_FSG product, then it may overwrite the coordinates, which in theory would be the same because those were overwritten by using the N1.patcher and by enabling the per-pixel geoinformation in the beam.config, Right?

What I want to do is to use the AMORGOS corrected lat lon coordinates, for all the pre-processing and processing of the meris images. And not just at the end when I extract the pixels from the image.

What it is your advice on doing it this way?

Thanks,
Jose
Flag Flag
RE: Advice on enable pixel-geo information in beam.config. N1 input ODESA
5/7/12 12:10 PM as a reply to Jose M. Beltran.
We do not know, but you could consult the ODESA Forum.
Flag Flag
RE: Advice on enable pixel-geo information in beam.config. N1 input ODESA
Answer Answer (Unmark)
5/7/12 1:19 PM as a reply to Ralf Quast.
Thanks, I have posted the question in ODESA forum.
Cheers,

Jose
Flag Flag