Welcome to the BEAM Forum!

We encourage you to sign in our forum and participate in the BEAM community. The forum is maintained by the BEAM project team who will most likely answer your questions within 24 hours (except during common holidays) - if not done by other community members. Collaborate, share your knowledge and learn from other users!

If you don't find what you are looking for, please also consider the following external forums:

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
atmospheric correction - output
toggle
Hi again!

I have tried to use the C2R processor on a level 1 MERIS image, using the default parameters.
However, the result looks very strange. I also tried to use the SMAC processor with default parameters
on the same image, but the result then looked like colorful noise. Am I missing something?

I attach the original image, and the results of the two processings (all with colors set to bands 13, 5, 1).

Thanks again for the help!

Øystein
Attachment

Attachment

Attachment

Attachments: ladoga_0404.png (870.8k), ladoga_C2R_0404.png (186.3k), ladoga_SMAC_0404.png (256.5k)
Flag Flag
RE: atmospheric correction - output
8/31/11 10:02 AM as a reply to Øystein Rudjord.
Do the individual bands also look strange? May be you have to readjust the colourings.
Flag Flag
8/31/11 11:53 AM as a reply to Ralf Quast.
Thanks for the reply!

The individual bands look pretty much the same. For the SMAC image it seems as if the
lake surface is completely homogeneous (just a sharp spike in the histogram), containing no information
about the ice. This is unfortunate, since I am interested in the state of the lake surface (whether it is ice
free or covered by ice/snow). Does SMAC mask out lakes?

Thanks again!

Øystein
Flag Flag
Answer Answer (Unmark)
9/1/11 10:23 AM as a reply to Øystein Rudjord.
I think i found the problem. The default bitmask excludes the lake and
a lot of the image in general. I removed the "and not l1_flags.BRIGHT", and added some
"or water" and such, and now the output looks better.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Øystein
Flag Flag
9/1/11 10:56 AM as a reply to Øystein Rudjord.
You're welcome!
Flag Flag