Welcome to the BEAM Forum!

We encourage you to sign in our forum and participate in the BEAM community. The forum is maintained by the BEAM project team who will most likely answer your questions within 24 hours (except during common holidays) - if not done by other community members. Collaborate, share your knowledge and learn from other users!

If you don't find what you are looking for, please also consider the following external forums:

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
MERIS Solar Flux Units
MERIS Solar Flux Units
3/29/11 10:55 AM
Hello,

I have noticed that when viewing/extractng MERIS data using BEAM the Solar Flux Units are specified as mW/(m^2*sr*nm), and not the nominal Irradiance Units of mW/(m^2*nm); can you advise as to this discrepancy?

The product handbook specifies that these values are the Solar Irradiance at the reference date, corrected for the Earth-Sun distance at time of acquisition, and should therefore still be in Irradiance Units.

Many thanks,
Chris
Flag Flag
RE: MERIS Solar Flux Units
3/29/11 12:23 PM as a reply to Chris Kent.
Just realised that this post requires a login to view it, can you also advise how to change these permissions for it to be open to everyone?

Cheers
Chris
Flag Flag
RE: MERIS Solar Flux Units
3/31/11 11:16 AM as a reply to Chris Kent.
Hi Chris,

this is just a discrepancy in the unit string to the product specification. The values are correct.

Regarding the permission problem:
After you have submitted a post you can change the permission by clicking on the "Permission" button at the bottom of your post.
Mark the cell in the upper right corner (Guest/View).
I check the permissions of new posts regularly and make them public.
This problem occurs with some browsers. As long as I have used the Firefox 3.x I did not had this problem, but now as I switched to Firefox 4 I have it too. At least sometimes.

best wishes
Marco
Flag Flag