Welcome to the BEAM Forum!

We encourage you to sign in our forum and participate in the BEAM community. The forum is maintained by the BEAM project team who will most likely answer your questions within 24 hours (except during common holidays) - if not done by other community members. Collaborate, share your knowledge and learn from other users!

If you don't find what you are looking for, please also consider the following external forums:

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
AATSR L2P (NetCDF) product appears inverted compared to NR product
toggle
Hello,

During QC checks on AATSR data, I noticed some strange behaviour with the L2P products. These are basically a repackaging of the L2 NR products with some added datasets. When displaying an L2P product alongside the source NR product, I would expect that BEAM recognises that they are colocation (and allows synchronised navigation of datasets from each product). In fact, this is true up until the AATSR product for orbit 45370 at which point the L2P image is now inverted compared to the NR image. The attached file illustrates this issue, showing L2P and NR products from orbits 45369 and 45370. For orbit 45369, the NR and L2P datasets are aligned but for orbit 45370 they are not. There was no operational change to explain this behaviour, and further examination of L2P and NR products does not reveal any anomalies with the products.

This situation continues up to the time of reporting. The problem is observed in version 4.8 of BEAM, however other investigations have shown that this behaviour is not exhibited in earlier versions. Specifically, with version 4.5.1, the L2P image is displayed "right way up" for a sample product which is inverted in v4.8.

Please could you investigate the cause of this behaviour?

Thanks,
Siân
Attachment

Attachments: 45369_45370_L2P_inverted_BEAM4-8_annotated.JPG (154.1k)
Flag Flag
RE: AATSR L2P (NetCDF) product appears inverted compared to NR product
11/24/10 1:34 PM as a reply to Siân Elizabeth O'Hara.
Hello Siân,

That's a strange behaviour. Could you please provide us with products.
It would be fine if you upload all four products to our FTP-Server.
I will send you the login credentials in a separate mail.

best wishes
Marco
Flag Flag
11/24/10 4:07 PM as a reply to Siân Elizabeth O'Hara.
Hello Siân

we found the problem and fixed it for the next 4.9 release.
The bug report (BEAM-1215) can be found in our issue tracker.
Maybe we will release some updates for the current 4.8 release in the near future.
I hope this is OK for you.

best wishes
Marco
Flag Flag
11/30/10 12:04 PM as a reply to Siân Elizabeth O'Hara.
Hello Siân,

We've released an update for this issue.
Get the latest version (1.0.2) of the NetCDF Product Reader and Writer module.
Afterwards the scene should be displayed correctly.

best wishes
Marco
Flag Flag