Welcome to the BEAM Forum!

We encourage you to sign in our forum and participate in the BEAM community. The forum is maintained by the BEAM project team who will most likely answer your questions within 24 hours (except during common holidays) - if not done by other community members. Collaborate, share your knowledge and learn from other users!

If you don't find what you are looking for, please also consider the following external forums:

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
RE: where to find a BEAM 3.7 for linux
toggle
When I use the command line 'mapproj.sh *.xml', the BEAM 4.6.1 runs very slow. I want to use the earlier BEAM version 3.7 for the linux, but I could not find it in the web now. Who could tell me how to solve this? Thanks!
Flag Flag
9/18/09 12:16 PM as a reply to crab cc cc.
Perhaps someone else can comment the performance issue - Version 3.7 for Linux is available at http://www.brockmann-consult.de/beam/software/Web_Installers_3_7/InstData/Linux/NoVM/beam37installer.bin (29MB, without JRE) and http://www.brockmann-consult.de/beam/software/Web_Installers_3_7/InstData/Linux/VM/beam37installer.bin (78MB, with JRE).

Take care... it's really ancient... ;-)
Flag Flag
9/21/09 5:30 PM as a reply to Olaf Kock.
Thanks a lot! I will be careful, hehe

Now I have another problem about the installing. When I install this BEAM3.7, I meet the following notice:

Preparing to install...
Extracting the JRE from the installer archive...
Unpacking the JRE...
Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
Configuring the installer for this system's environment...
awk: error while loading shared libraries: libdl.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
dirname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/bin/ls: error while loading shared libraries: librt.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
basename: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
dirname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
basename: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
hostname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Launching installer...

grep: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/tmp/install.dir.26027/Linux/resource/jre/bin/java: error while loading shared libraries: libpthread.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I am really a beginner for the linux, and what could I do to solve this problem? Thanks.

PS: I use 'whereis' to find that, I have these libraries in my linux system, as follows:
whereis libdl.so.2
libdl.so: /lib/libdl.so.2 /usr/lib/libdl.s
whereis libc.so.6
libc.so: /lib/libc.so.6 /usr/lib/libc.so
whereis librt.so.1
librt.so: /lib/librt.so.1 /usr/lib/librt.so
Flag Flag
9/21/09 6:06 PM as a reply to crab cc cc.
Sorry, I should have used different words...
as BEAM 3.7 is really an ancient version, "be careful" includes that there's usually only limited support... I've tried and actually get the same error as you stated.

You could try to install on another platform (e.g. windows), move the directories to your linux box and see if you get away with changing just a few settings. Being a Java application the code (other than the JRE) should be freely movable between operating systems. (I see the same problem

The best solution of course is to use the latest version (with source code) and see if you can hunt down the performance problems (or at least help to do so and file an issue in the bugtracker).
Flag Flag