Welcome to the BEAM Forum!

We encourage you to sign in our forum and participate in the BEAM community. The forum is maintained by the BEAM project team who will most likely answer your questions within 24 hours (except during common holidays) - if not done by other community members. Collaborate, share your knowledge and learn from other users!

If you don't find what you are looking for, please also consider the following external forums:

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
Beam 4.6.1 and icol plugin
toggle
Hello,

i wanted to test the icol plugin with Beam 4.6.1. I got an error whe i launch the proces:

"internal error during the procedure initialisation". java/awt/image/renderedimage noSuchMethodError

I have JRE and JDK 6 installed. Do you have any idea or suggestion?

Thanks a lot
Flag Flag
RE: Beam 4.6.1 and icol plugin
9/3/09 10:47 AM as a reply to bertrand bertrand saulquin.
Bertrand,

which version of Icol are you using?
Did you copy it into the modules directory from some where else, or have you used the Module Manager
to obtain the Icol processsor?

I've tried it, and could not reproduce this problem.

Best wishes
Marco
Flag Flag
9/4/09 3:28 PM as a reply to Marco Peters.
Thanks, i managed to make it work. Unfortunately, it taks a long time when processing Level 1 FR files. Do you have any suggestion to reduce the processing time considering the algo, optimization?

regards
Flag Flag
9/4/09 4:54 PM as a reply to bertrand bertrand saulquin.
Unfortunately the algorithm is very slow.
The best way to speed up the processing is to create a subset first, and only process this subset.

regards
Marco
Flag Flag
9/8/09 4:30 PM as a reply to Marco Peters.
Dear Marco,

Reading the atbd, i am not sure if icol is only processing coastal areas or every pixels. Does Icol do something on open sea pixels (located more than 30 km offshore) or in land pixels.

Thanks again.
Flag Flag
9/8/09 5:23 PM as a reply to bertrand bertrand saulquin.
Icol is processing only the coastal regions, and does nothing else on pixels far away from the coast.

I've attached an image. On this you can see where the icol was active.

regards
Marco
Attachment

Attachments: icol.png (123.9k)
Flag Flag
9/9/09 9:43 AM as a reply to Marco Peters.
Hi,

I tried with an orbit L1FR, MER_FRS_1PNACR20050713_094348_000003322039_00022_17611_0000.N1, to compute the radiance products.
I got the following error message:

A internal error occured during the target product initialisation. Type: out of memory error. Message: GC overhead limit exceeded.

i am using the latest version of beam on ubuntu (4Go RAM). I changed also the setting of Beam Edit/preferences/image layer/ tile cache capacity to 3Go.

Do you have any idea where it can come from?

Regards.

Bertrand
Flag Flag
9/9/09 11:53 AM as a reply to bertrand bertrand saulquin.
It's just not possible to process a FRS orbit with icol on an ordinary system.
Maybe on a 64Bit system with at least 8 GB of RAM. But even on such a system the processing would take ages to complete.
There are ongoing activities to improve icol, but currently you should use icol only on smaller scenes or subsets which only include the region of interest.

The setting in the preferences for the tile cache capacity effects only the size of the tile cache.
To increase the overall memory which can be used by BEAM you should edit the visat.vmoptions file in the bin folder of the installation directoy.
Increase -Xmx1023M to the desired value.

best regards
Marco
Flag Flag