Welcome to the BEAM Forum!

We encourage you to sign in our forum and participate in the BEAM community. The forum is maintained by the BEAM project team who will most likely answer your questions within 24 hours (except during common holidays) - if not done by other community members. Collaborate, share your knowledge and learn from other users!

If you don't find what you are looking for, please also consider the following external forums:

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
FLH/MCI Processor for CHRIS-PROBA
toggle
FLH/MCI Processor for CHRIS-PROBA
analysis->flh/mci
6/18/09 11:07 AM
I would like to apply the FLH/MCI processor under Analysis to CHRIS-PROBA data (once I can read CHRIS-PROBA data into BEAM;),

I read in CHRIS-PROBA data as HDF4 in ENVI v4.6.1 and then wrote out the spectral bands (mod 4) as a geotiff which I successfully read into BEAM. However, the FLH/MCI seems to have some specific need for MERIS data as it would not work.

Please suggest how I could do this (and please sort out the CHRIS-PROBA toolbox for Mac OS 10.5.7)

regards
Peter
Flag Flag
RE: FLH/MCI Processor for CHRIS-PROBA
6/18/09 12:34 PM as a reply to Jan-Peter Muller.
Hi Peter,

I just tried to use FLH/MCI with CHRIS-PROBA.
First I converted a CHRIS HDF product to GeoTIFF and then gave it to the processor.
It worked.

Maybe your problem was caused by the Bitmask in the Processing Parameter tab, it is not cleared if you change the Preset parameter from a MERIS preset to General baseline hight.

Regarding the CHRIS-PROBA toolbox, it should work also for Mac OS 10.5.7 except the CHRIS product reader.
The reader can't work on Mac OS 10.5.7 because there are no HDF native libraries available.
The other tools, like noise reduction, should work also with CHRIS products stored as GeoTIFF.

regards
Marco
Flag Flag
6/19/09 9:14 PM as a reply to Marco Peters.
Hi Marco
The CHRIS-PROBA tools appear to be greyed out after ingesting the geotiff version created in ENVI v 4.6.1.

Any suggestions?

Also, what plans are in place to provide a CHRIS-PROBA HDF reader as ENVI does not ingest any of the georeferencing information correctly?

regards
Peter
Flag Flag
6/22/09 9:02 AM as a reply to Jan-Peter Muller.
If a CHRIS-PROBA tool is enabled or not depends on the product type.
The type is not preserved by ENVI.

The best solution would be to convert the CHRIS products into DIMAP with BEAM on another system (Windows or Linux).

A geo-correction module will come in the next few weeks.
A reader for HDF on Mac is also planned, but currently I can't say when it will be released.
Maybe with the next BEAM release some day in September/October.

regards
Marco
Flag Flag