Welcome to the BEAM Forum!

We encourage you to sign in our forum and participate in the BEAM community. The forum is maintained by the BEAM project team who will most likely answer your questions within 24 hours (except during common holidays) - if not done by other community members. Collaborate, share your knowledge and learn from other users!

If you don't find what you are looking for, please also consider the following external forums:

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
Geometric correction error
toggle
Geometric correction error
chris-box 1.5 geometric correction -spline function
2/28/18 2:02 PM
Dears

I have problem when I want to execute the geometric correction after atmospheric correction for CHRIS-Proba. The following message appears:

An internal error occurred during the target product initialization
Type: illegalArgumentException

Message: Value 6241.501 is out of the domain of spline function (-926.508,-926.481)

I have update time table and downloaded the telemetry and corrected the path in the Geom Correction dialog.
Flag Flag
RE: Geometric correction error
3/1/18 9:09 AM as a reply to Mohamad Awad.
If other products can be geometrically corrected I would assume that something is wrong with the telemetry file. Maybe wrong values. Could you check this?
You could ask at proba.redu@esa.int. They provide the telemetry data.
Flag Flag
geometric correction
3/6/18 9:03 PM as a reply to Marco Peters.
Dear Marco,
Thank you for your kind reply. I corresponded with ESA as per your advise and their reply was the following:
Dear Sir,

If the tool you are using is the CHRIS Proba Toolbox plugin for BEAM (which I believe is the latest software that ESA make available for CHRIS processing), I would suggest that this is a question for the BEAM team, ESA EO Help Desk or Brockmann Consult.
Flag Flag
3/7/18 1:26 PM as a reply to Marco Peters.
Luckily I was able to determine the cause of the problem and to solve it, but I do not know if this is a correct procedure. What I did is I have an old image for the same area and I know that all the corrections worked perfectly including the geometric correction using BEAM VISAT and CHRIS-Proba toolbox. So, what I did I replaced the new telemetry files with the old ones since they are for the same area and it worked fine I did not have the same error again. Please note that I have changed the file name to the new telemetry file names. I wonder if this is a correct procedure since it worked fine or there are differences since each is taken at different date for different years

Best regards.
Flag Flag
6/4/19 11:26 AM as a reply to Mohamad Awad.
Hi Mohamad,
I have a similar problem. I got the following error while I try to use the geometric correction tool.

Type: OperatorException

Message: Cannot find telemetry file, which matches pattern ".*\Goitsche_/(\d+)_CHRIS_centre_times_20180912_.*"

Actually I downloaded and extracted the correct telemetry files from: https://194.78.233.110/products/data/CHRIS_Additional_data/

So do you know why this does not work? Do I have to set other options before like GCPs or so?

Best reguards
Bari
Flag Flag