Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
RE: BEAM wiki Exercise 1 Error
toggle
BEAM wiki Exercise 1 Error
12/15/16 5:19 AM
Hello, I just copy the Exercise 1 and hope to read the test data, but an exception occurred:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/bc/ceres/core/runtime/RuntimeConfigException

I search the pakage com.bc.ceres.core.runtime and no class named RuntimeConfigException was found. The class com.bc.ceres.core.runtime.internal.DefaultRuntimeConfig; is also not found. The two missing classes are imported in BeamLogManager.class.
How to solve this error? emoticonemoticon
Flag Flag
12/15/16 9:45 AM as a reply to shang pei.
Probably you are missing the ceres-launcher on the class path.
Both classes are still there.
See
https://github.com/bcdev/ceres/blob/master/ceres-launcher/src/main/java/com/bc/ceres/core/runtime/RuntimeConfigException.java
and
https://github.com/bcdev/ceres/blob/master/ceres-launcher/src/main/java/com/bc/ceres/core/runtime/internal/DefaultRuntimeConfig.java

However, it is not a good idea anymore to start learning BEAM. There is only limited supported.
It is much better to use its successor SNAP as we mention it on the start page

cheers
Marco
Flag Flag
12/15/16 10:19 AM as a reply to Marco Peters.
emoticonemoticonemoticonThanks Marco, I think it's time to turn to SNAP now.... I chose BEAM at first because the SNAP website can't be open until this afternoon in China due to so called "the wall", but some how it can be access now..hope it won't be blocked any more.... emoticonemoticonemoticon
Flag Flag

Welcome to the BEAM Forum!

We encourage you to sign in our forum and participate in the BEAM community. The forum is maintained by the BEAM project team who will most likely answer your questions within 24 hours (except during common holidays) - if not done by other community members. Collaborate, share your knowledge and learn from other users!

If you don't find what you are looking for, please also consider the following external forums: