Welcome to the BEAM Forum!

We encourage you to sign in our forum and participate in the BEAM community. The forum is maintained by the BEAM project team who will most likely answer your questions within 24 hours (except during common holidays) - if not done by other community members. Collaborate, share your knowledge and learn from other users!

If you don't find what you are looking for, please also consider the following external forums:

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
Exporting Images
toggle
Exporting Images
1/18/16 10:25 PM
This may be a really obvious question but is there any way of adding color ramps, scale bars, north arrows etc. to images in BEAM? I am currently having to export my images to ENVI in order to add these things which is proving unsatisfactory for a couple of reasons so would be great if I could add them in BEAM, but I just cant seem to find a way of adding them!

Any help would be greatly appreaciated!
Flag Flag
RE: Exporting Images
1/19/16 10:05 AM as a reply to Tom Pye.
Unfortunately there is not much support in this direction. There is only the export of the colour legend as image when you right click on the image.
In SNAP (the successor of BEAM) you have a bit more support but still limited. You can add a layer (Mapping Tools) containing e.g. a north arrow and/or the scale. You can download SNAP from the following website: http://step.esa.int

best wishes
Marco
Flag Flag
1/19/16 2:55 PM as a reply to Marco Peters.
Ah ok, thanks a lot for confirming this. Though not related to this issue (but related to the issue of exporting files to ENVI from BEAM) is there any means of creating change detection maps in BEAM? As currently I am exporting my processed images to ENVI in order to do this.

Cheers,

Tom.
Flag Flag
1/19/16 5:37 PM as a reply to Tom Pye.
Unfortunately I have to disappoint you again. For change detection we do not provide any special functionality. Sorry.
Flag Flag