Welcome to the BEAM Forum!

We encourage you to sign in our forum and participate in the BEAM community. The forum is maintained by the BEAM project team who will most likely answer your questions within 24 hours (except during common holidays) - if not done by other community members. Collaborate, share your knowledge and learn from other users!

If you don't find what you are looking for, please also consider the following external forums:

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
RE: HOW to import SMOS
toggle
5/10/13 8:50 AM
Actually this is the correct way to open the files.
Which file do you select when you try to open SMOS.
May be it is somehow corrupted.

You are also still using an older (4.9) version of BEAM.
Try updating to 4.10 (not 4.11, for this we don't have an updated SMOS-Box yet.).
In this version you should simply use the 'File --> Open Product' menu entry.
You can select the .HDR or the .DBL.

best wishes
Marco
Flag Flag
5/13/13 6:19 AM as a reply to Marco Peters.

Thank you very much for your reply, I according to what you have said to try, it's very successful.
But I still have some questions. Beam is issued according to the data accumulation and update on time? Is a sensor that is the data format will change every year?Why must be so frequent change version for users in trouble?
Hope you reply as soon as possible.
best wishes
Cui
Flag Flag
5/14/13 10:53 AM as a reply to cui hui zhen.
Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply, I according to what you have said to try, it's very successful.

I'm glad to hear that.

Beam is issued according to the data accumulation and update on time?

New versions of BEAM are released when specific milestones are reached, there is no fixed release plan at the moment.

Is a sensor that is the data format will change every year?Why must be so frequent change version for users in trouble?

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly, but we are not responsible for changing data formats; you should ask the data vendors this kind of question.

Best regards,
Thomas
Flag Flag
5/19/13 5:22 AM as a reply to Thomas Storm.
I imported smosL1c and L2 data, window displays a picture. I chose one of the data, click on "SMOS snapshot information tool", but it always show "NO SMOS image selected. Why?
Flag Flag
5/29/13 5:18 PM as a reply to cui hui zhen.
SMOS L2 products do not exhibit snapshots. The Snapshot Information Tool can only be used with SMOS L1C data products. In order to employ the Snapshot Information Tool, an image from a L1C product has to be opened first.

This makes sense, because the Snapshot Information Tool is a tool for selecting the data (i.e. the snapshot within the product) that serve as as source for the displayed images.
Flag Flag
10/6/13 2:16 PM as a reply to Marco Peters.
Dear Marco
I operating BEAM+SMOS on SMOS L1C and L2 data, but find there have some restrictive.Is the BEAM+SMOS can position on a specific location and clip it?is it just some simple analysis? or If I want to a detailed analysis of a certain area, is there need anyother software.please tell me aout it.thanks.emoticon
Best wishes.

huizhen cui
Flag Flag
10/7/13 11:55 AM as a reply to cui hui zhen.
You can create a subset of the product by scrolling and zooming to the area of interest and do a right-click.
From the context menu you can select 'Spatial Subset from View...'. or you chose from the menu File -> New product....

regards
Marco
Flag Flag
10/13/13 4:38 AM as a reply to Marco Peters.
hello.when i extract multiple pixels in study area and use the "Pixel Extraction..." from the "Tools" menu.it showed"org.esa.beam.framework.gpf.Operator Exception:No coordinates specified".
In "Prameters'if i click "+",it would be appear "Add coordinate;Add coordinate from file...;Add measurements from CSV file".is this a fixed choice with system? and which one? or it have any choose and definition by myself.
regards
huizhen cui
Flag Flag
10/14/13 8:25 AM as a reply to cui hui zhen.
Yes this is a fixed choice.
You can either add new coordinates, load them from a previously saved pin file or import from a csv file.

Please have also a look at this help page

regards
Marco
Flag Flag
9/17/15 9:03 AM as a reply to Marco Peters.
Hello, I have some questions about SMOS L2 soil moisture products, I used BEAM tool import soil moisture data with DGG ID andLatitude /longitude , is the output soil moisture data need projection transformation? or this output data can be used directly?
THanks! Hope to reply as soon as possible.
Flag Flag
9/17/15 3:19 PM as a reply to cui hui zhen.
Dear Cui Hui Zhen,

I do not fully understand your question. I assume that you have opened a SMOS L2SM product in VISAT, correct? Now: where and how do you output the data? To which format, with which tool?

Whether the output data can be used directly or not, this largely relies on your requirements on the data.

Can you please provide a bit more information.

Thank you,

Tom
Flag Flag
9/18/15 1:23 PM as a reply to tom block.
I mean i used the "Pin Manager" -" import Pins (with insitu site's Lat/Lon)-sellect all "Available Bands And Tie Point Grids"-'Export Pin data Table", this export file format is "txt", This txt file include some parameters :"Soil_Moisture"、“Soil_Moisture_DQX” 、“Optical_Thickness_Nad”and so on。 Is these export parameters need further processing? Can the parameter "Soil_Moisture" value Compared with the insitu soil moisture directly?
Thanks!
Flag Flag
9/18/15 5:44 PM as a reply to cui hui zhen.
The product specification says that Soil_Moisture contains:
An estimate of surface soil moisture obtained through a successful retrieval of this parameter

The unit is m³/m³
So I would think you can compare it with your insitu data if it has the same unit. But in general it is up to you to decide if you can compare the data.

cheers
Marco
Flag Flag