Welcome to the BEAM Forum!

We encourage you to sign in our forum and participate in the BEAM community. The forum is maintained by the BEAM project team who will most likely answer your questions within 24 hours (except during common holidays) - if not done by other community members. Collaborate, share your knowledge and learn from other users!

If you don't find what you are looking for, please also consider the following external forums:

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
Exporting spectra to csv
toggle
Exporting spectra to csv
8/13/15 12:41 AM
Exporting spectra to a text file gives the result below

"Wavelength Pin 1 Pin 2 Pin 3 Pin 4 Pin 5 Pin 6 Pin 7 Pin 8"
"410.70001220703125 NaN NaN NaN NaN NaN NaN NaN NaN"
"442.70001220703125 NaN NaN NaN NaN NaN NaN NaN NaN"
"452.70001220703125 NaN NaN NaN NaN NaN NaN NaN NaN"
"462.5 NaN NaN NaN NaN NaN NaN NaN NaN"

I saw that it will be resolved in the next version but when will that be available?
Flag Flag
RE: Exporting spectra to csv
8/17/15 3:31 PM as a reply to Mike Tuohy.
Probably there will be no next release for BEAM. At least no major release.
BEAM has a successor project. It is the Sentinel Toolbox. Currently it is released as beat version.
You can get it from the project website.

But maybe it is already fixed in a module update. Have you used the module manager to get the latest module updates?
By the way, where have you seen that it will be released in the next version. I know the problem you have described, but couldn't find it documented.

regards
Marco
Flag Flag
8/20/15 3:40 AM as a reply to Marco Peters.
Hi Marco,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, the links for SNAP that were sent to me when I registered, don't work!! So I downloaded a previous version of the Sentinel-2 Toolbox and tried exporting to csv in it. The values are there now but there is no formatting / delimiting. Also the new toolbox does not have the CHRIS tools that I was using to calculate reflectances.

I have tried to find the link where I first saw this problem answered but alas, it is nowhere to found.

Cheers,
Mike
Flag Flag
8/20/15 9:18 AM as a reply to Mike Tuohy.
I found the original issue report.
It is really fixed. If you use the Module Manager in BEAM (Help -> Module Manager) and update at least the module VISAT Rich Client Platform to its current 5.0.4 version it should. work.
I've attached the result I've got.

It might take a while till CHRIS is supported on SNAP. But you can save your work in BEAM as BEAM-DIMAP and load it into SNAP.

Regarding the links which don't work. Was it the download or the link which is not working?
I'm asking because I noticed that the new Edge browser of Windows 10 and Internet Explorer can not handle the links correctly. But the download works when I use Firefox.

cheers
Marco
Attachments: spectra.txt (1.1k)
Flag Flag
8/21/15 1:00 AM as a reply to Marco Peters.
Hi Marco,

That did the trick (I'd updated all the modules I thought were relevant but not the important one). However, it still does not export a delimited .csv file; you have to export to a .txt file.

It was the links that didn't work to download SNAP automatically - I've now copied the link to my browser and it worked OK.

Thanks for the prompt help.

Cheers,
Mike
Flag Flag
8/24/15 8:41 AM as a reply to Mike Tuohy.
Actually the values should be delimited by a tab as in the file I have attached in the previous post. Can you attach an example of your export?

Best Regards
Marco
Flag Flag
8/25/15 1:44 PM as a reply to Marco Peters.
Hi Marco,
Here's the non-delimted .csv file exported from the updated program. Had to zip it 'cos the forum can't handle .csv files.
Cheers,
Mike
Attachments: pin_spectra.zip (1.8k)
Flag Flag
8/31/15 9:51 AM as a reply to Mike Tuohy.
Hi Mike, actually it is delimited by tab. As you can see in the screen shot of the file in my editor.

Marco
Attachment

Attachments: screen.png (23.7k)
Flag Flag