Welcome to the BEAM Forum!

We encourage you to sign in our forum and participate in the BEAM community. The forum is maintained by the BEAM project team who will most likely answer your questions within 24 hours (except during common holidays) - if not done by other community members. Collaborate, share your knowledge and learn from other users!

If you don't find what you are looking for, please also consider the following external forums:

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
Export Raster Data from only one band
toggle
Export Raster Data from only one band
export cvs
5/30/15 4:48 AM
HI
I am working with altimetry data from Aviso in format nc and I recently downloaded and installed Beams 7.01 on Windows 7 (64 bits). I good like export ONLY one band to CSV format or whatever data format like TXT or DAT, but Subset button does not work.

I would appreciate that someone can help me.
Flag Flag
RE: Export Raster Data from only one band
6/1/15 7:17 PM as a reply to Jorge Castro Sánchez.
Hello Jorge,

can you explain the steps you are doing? Can you also provide a sample product?
Actually it should work as described below.
Select "File --> Export Raster Data --> CSV" from the menu. In the upcoming dialog you can click on the "Subset..." button. There you can define the area and the bands you want to have in you subset.
Written is a text file in csv format which can also be opened in spreadsheet applications.

kind regards
Marco
Flag Flag
6/1/15 11:29 PM as a reply to Marco Peters.
Hello Marco,

I have Beam installed in Winwdos 7 (64 bits). I download one image (56 x 54 pixels) from geostrophic current in format nc from AVISO server (http://www.aviso.altimetry.fr). This image consist in 2 bands (u and v component) and 2556 times. I send you a similar file but only two times (dataset-duacs-dt-global-allsat-msla-uv_1432762936304.nc). I used Create Band from Math Expression Band command, in order to obtain monthly averages. Now I want to export this data as CSV format, so I used File, Exported Raster Data, CVS command and appear VISAT – Export CSV/Product box. When I want to select Subset to choose the new_band, subset button does not active, only change color but it does not do anything.

At beginning, I had problems with display plots (histogram and scatter) but I fix it changing compatibility setting in Windows. I think it could be a related problem.

Marco I will be grateful if you can help me. Tanks a lot.

Jorge
Flag Flag
6/2/15 8:15 AM as a reply to Jorge Castro Sánchez.
I'm also using BEAM on Windows 7 64Bit but had no problem like this. Have you tried "File --> New Product..." in order to subset the product.
What compatibility settings have you changed and what was the problem with the histogram and scatter plot view?

Marco
Flag Flag
6/2/15 4:58 PM as a reply to Marco Peters.
Hi Marco,

At beginning BEAM does not show any plot, only box plot appear in gray color even I pushed refresh. I changed properties in windows setting to older version, in this case Windows Vista. After restart BEAM, plots appear normally.

I send a capture from Windows properties. Also I send file in format nc, to you FTP services like you ask me.

Tanks a lot Marco

Jorge
Attachment

Attachments: Capture 03.JPG (55.3k)
Flag Flag
6/5/15 11:47 AM as a reply to Jorge Castro Sánchez.
Thanks for the information regarding the compatibility. I haven't heard it before, but good to know for the future.

I can confirm that the subset button does not show the expected dialog. The reason is that the longitude values of your product are out of the expected range.They are between 239 and 253. The dialog expects the values to be between -180 and 180. That stops the dialogue from working.
Is it possible for you to change you data to meet this requirements?

regards
Marco
Flag Flag
6/5/15 5:32 PM as a reply to Marco Peters.
Tanks a lot Marco. Unfortunately Aviso web site dose not different options longitude format, but I am traying with other software. I will be waiting for Beam changes.

Jorge
Flag Flag