Welcome to the BEAM Forum!

We encourage you to sign in our forum and participate in the BEAM community. The forum is maintained by the BEAM project team who will most likely answer your questions within 24 hours (except during common holidays) - if not done by other community members. Collaborate, share your knowledge and learn from other users!

If you don't find what you are looking for, please also consider the following external forums:

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
nBlockYSize
toggle
nBlockYSize
2/4/15 3:49 PM
I have exported an Envisat ASAR N1 scene in NetCDF 4 format using BEAM VISAT version 5.0 (build 6027 from 20140508).
This file type is smaller due to compression applied.
I am trying to process this NetCDF 4 file using gdal, in particular gdalwarp.

Terminal command line reads:
gdalwarp -of GTiff -ot UInt16 -s_srs EPSG:4326 -t_srs EPSG:4326 netcdf:ASA_IMM_1PNPDE20090205_183435_000000382076_00142_36268_6228_beam4.nc:Amplitude ASAresult4.tif
Unfortunately I get the following error messages:

ERROR 1: nBlockYSize = 572, only 1 supported when reading bottom-up dataset
ERROR 1: NETCDF:"ASA_IMM_1PNPDE20090205_183435_000000382076_00142_36268_6228_beam4.nc":lon, band 1: IReadBlock failed at X offset 0, Y offset 0
ERROR 1: GetBlockRef failed at X block offset 0, Y block offset 0

1) Can someone clarify this message, although it is not BEAM!
2) When exporting data in NetCDF 4 format using BEAM, can one specify nBlockYSize?

The above gdalwarp command works perfect when applied to ordinary NetCDF files without compression.

Note that I received NetCDF 4 files from a fellow researcher abroad, which were produced by means of the BEAM's Grid Processing Framework (gpt.sh CLI tool) as well.
I am not aware of the processing options used!
Processing of these files using gdalwarp seems to work.
Therefore, it seems that default VISAT options are not suitable for my application.
Is there a list of processing options used by VISAT for exporting N1 scenes to NetCDF 4 format?

Please comment on my observation.

Kind regards, Gerard
Flag Flag
RE: nBlockYSize
2/5/15 2:21 PM as a reply to Gerard Hesselmans.
Hello Gerard,

there are no options which configure the writing of NetCDF files. You can only select between between NetCDF3 and 4.
The NetCDF files also differ depending of their geo-coding, if they are map projected or not.

What version of the NetCDF module do you use? The latest version is 5.04.
Maybe this makes the difference.

regards
Marco
Flag Flag