Welcome to the BEAM Forum!

We encourage you to sign in our forum and participate in the BEAM community. The forum is maintained by the BEAM project team who will most likely answer your questions within 24 hours (except during common holidays) - if not done by other community members. Collaborate, share your knowledge and learn from other users!

If you don't find what you are looking for, please also consider the following external forums:

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
RE: How to do orthorectification from geotif file
toggle
Hi everyone :

I am a new user in VISAT, and I saw three steps in orthorectification from this forum:

1. Define ground control points for your scene
2. Do the CHRIS/Proba geo-correction
3. Do the orthorectification by means of the BEAM reprojection tool

I have a question that my input file is geotif format, and I can define ground control points after loading geotif file.
But I can't run geo-correction in ver. 5.0 or 4.11. Can somebody kindly give me the right steps in orthorectification from geotif file.

Thanks,

Francisemoticon
Flag Flag
12/1/14 9:09 AM as a reply to Feng-Cheng Lin.
Hello Francis,

unfortunately orthorectification is not possible for your GeoTiff files. In order to orthorectify your scene you also need the viewing geometry.
I assume that this information is not provided with your GeoTiff file and we currently have no means to specify this for a product which is opened in VISAT.

regards
Marco
Flag Flag
12/1/14 4:33 PM as a reply to Marco Peters.
Hello Marco:

Thanks your quickly reply.

I have an image product in https://www.dropbox.com/s/1hk4g4yjqaypf69/FS2_G048_MS_L1A_20090817_014230.zip?dl=0.
dim file (viewing geometry may be here) is included, but I can't do orthorectification in VISAT. How can I do now?

Francis
Flag Flag
12/4/14 10:55 AM as a reply to Feng-Cheng Lin.
Without implementing a product reader or developing a plugin for BEAM I currently can't think of a way to add the viewing angle to you data.
Would this be a possible way for you? I could give you some direction if so.

kind regards
Marco
Flag Flag
12/4/14 4:41 PM as a reply to Marco Peters.
Hi Marco :

Thanks your kindly help. Sure, how can I add the viewing angle of my data? I need your good direction.

Francis
Flag Flag
12/10/14 4:24 PM as a reply to Feng-Cheng Lin.
Francis

attached you will find a zip file which contains a maven project. You should be able to open it in your IDE.
You can create a run configuration in your IDE with the following settings.
Main class: com.bc.ceres.launcher.Launcher
VM options: -Xmx2G -Dceres.context=beam
Classpath: <beam-pointing-example>
Working directory: <Installation directory of BEAM>

You should also get the latest module updates for your BEAM installation.

The whole plugin consists actually of just two files. The module.xml which contains information about the module and also the declaration of the action which will do the work and the second file is the implementation of the action.

I hope this is enough information to get you started, otherwise ask again.

There is more information in our Wiki regarding the development with BEAM which you might find useful. Please have a look.

kind regards
Marco
Attachments: beam-pointing-example.zip (4.1k)
Flag Flag
12/10/14 4:43 PM as a reply to Marco Peters.
Another thing to mention. There is a limitation of the orthorectification. It assumes that the scene is defined on the WGS-84 ellipsoid. If your scene is defined differently the results might not be what you expect. Please read also the corresponding help pages.

Marco
Flag Flag