Welcome to the BEAM Forum!

We encourage you to sign in our forum and participate in the BEAM community. The forum is maintained by the BEAM project team who will most likely answer your questions within 24 hours (except during common holidays) - if not done by other community members. Collaborate, share your knowledge and learn from other users!

If you don't find what you are looking for, please also consider the following external forums:

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
shuffled tiles with netcdf-cf reader
toggle
shuffled tiles with netcdf-cf reader
productreader netcdf
9/30/14 6:15 PM
A SeaDAS user presented a problem that turns out to be with the netcdf-cf reader. The product is a sea-level anomaly data set stored in a CF-1.6 compliant netCDF file. When zoomed out sufficiently, the entire globe is displayed contiguously (although inverted). However, as you zoom in, the display becomes a shuffled set of tiles. We had a similar issue with some of the ocean color products we produce, and were able to address this in the product reader. I took a quick look at the netcdf-cf reader, but felt this was one probably best handled by you emoticon

The source file is available at:
ftp://samoa.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/seadas/nrt_global_allsat_msla_h_20140408_20140414.nc

Regards,
Sean
Flag Flag
RE: shuffled tiles with netcdf-cf reader
10/2/14 10:18 AM as a reply to Sean Bailey.
Hi Sean,

thanks for reporting this problem. I haven't seen this kind of tile shuffling.
I've added this to our issue tracker. (BEAM-1723)

best wishes
Marco
Flag Flag
10/16/14 5:50 AM as a reply to Marco Peters.
Thanks Sean for posting this issue!
Any update on this issue Marco?
Thanks!

Best regards,
Tess
Flag Flag
10/22/14 8:23 AM as a reply to Marites Canto.
No, unfortunately no news yet, but it is planned that one of us will look into it this week.

Regards
Marco
Flag Flag
10/24/14 12:10 PM as a reply to Marco Peters.
Hi,
the issue has been fixed. Please use the Module Manager to update to the latest version of the NetCDF Product Reader and Writer.
Regards,
Tonio
Flag Flag
10/30/14 6:12 AM as a reply to Tonio Fincke.
Hello Tonio and BEAM Dev team,

Just want to let you know that i was able to use the updated netcdf module in SeaDAS7.1 and that the previous shuffled tile issue was indeed fixed! Thank you!

Best regards,
Tess
Flag Flag