Welcome to the BEAM Forum!

We encourage you to sign in our forum and participate in the BEAM community. The forum is maintained by the BEAM project team who will most likely answer your questions within 24 hours (except during common holidays) - if not done by other community members. Collaborate, share your knowledge and learn from other users!

If you don't find what you are looking for, please also consider the following external forums:

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
Java 8
toggle
Java 8
9/19/14 4:18 PM
Hi I was assigned to maintain an old plugin and port it (pianlessly) to Beam 5/ Java 7. I also compiled according to instructions Beam 5 with latest jdk7 and all seem to work as expected.

However, I wish I could use the latest features of java 8 to improve the readability of plugin code and minimize code. Is there any possibility to compile BEAM 5 + Cerres with Java 8? I think the maven project for cerres defaults to java 7, am I right?

Thank you in advance.
Flag Flag
RE: Java 8
9/19/14 4:27 PM as a reply to Vasileios Anagnostopoulos.
Hi Vasileios,

you are right, per default, Ceres is compiled with Java 7, but it can be compiled with Java 8 anyway. Just set your JAVA_HOME environment variable to point to your Java 8 installation directory, and run Maven.

Cheers,
Thomas
Flag Flag
RE: Java 8
9/20/14 5:51 PM as a reply to Thomas Storm.
Thomas Storm:
Hi Vasileios,

you are right, per default, Ceres is compiled with Java 7, but it can be compiled with Java 8 anyway. Just set your JAVA_HOME environment variable to point to your Java 8 installation directory, and run Maven.

Cheers,
Thomas

Thank you very much. I will give it a try.
Flag Flag