Welcome to the BEAM Forum!

We encourage you to sign in our forum and participate in the BEAM community. The forum is maintained by the BEAM project team who will most likely answer your questions within 24 hours (except during common holidays) - if not done by other community members. Collaborate, share your knowledge and learn from other users!

If you don't find what you are looking for, please also consider the following external forums:

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
RE: beam 5.0 C2R on L1P
toggle
beam 5.0 C2R on L1P
6/26/14 3:56 PM
Hi,

I saw here in the forum that someone had problems using the C2R in beam 5.0, both with the gpt and the GUI. I'm testing with the GUI and I recieve the same error.

Message: Soruce product does not contain metadata element 'SPH'. I haven't tried the gpt.

I'm using CCL1P as source file.

How should I solve this?
Flag Flag
6/27/14 2:46 PM as a reply to Anna Birgitta Ledang.
Hi Anna,

currently the CCL1P products can not be used with the current version of C2R. The processor needs to be updated so it doesn't need the SPH metadata element any more.
If you are interested in the water optical properties and water constituents you should use the CCL2W products.

regards
Marco
Flag Flag
6/27/14 3:13 PM as a reply to Marco Peters.
Thanks for the answer Marco,

If I choose the L2W product, wouldn't that be the coastcolour processor? Which I also can run in BEAM in version 5.0? I would like to try different processor for our regions to see which fits best, and that is the reason why I want the L1 products. I'm thinking of the C2R, the coastcolour, the FuB etc.

- Anna Birgitta
Flag Flag
6/27/14 3:59 PM as a reply to Anna Birgitta Ledang.
Yes, that's true. It's the CoastColour processor, the same as available from the menu in VISAT. While your requirement and comparison is very valid, the C2R used within CoastColour is pretty much enhanced compared to the standalone one. Maybe you can start your processing with the others and I see if I can squeeze the update into next week.

regards
Marco
Flag Flag
7/1/14 10:40 AM as a reply to Marco Peters.
Anna,

you can use the module manager to update the Case2R and the Glint Processor.
It should now work.

regards
Marco
Attachment

Attachments: modulemanager.png (32.3k)
Flag Flag
8/20/14 8:51 AM as a reply to Marco Peters.
I'd like to follow up on this question:

I am doing the same exercise as Anna Birgitta (processing CCL1P dataset with C2R in Beam 5.0). C2R is running on the CCL1P files, but for some of the files, the output file structure seems a bit messed up (i.e. the tie point grids are not recognised as such, but as bands; there is no product type in the meta data; no wavelength information in the meta data of the reflectance bands).

Is this a known problem, and is there a way to prevent this?

Any help is appreciated!

Cheers,
Kathrin

(Attached screenshots of the global meta data of two of CCL1P files as processed with C2R, one where the output structure is as expected, and one where it seems messed up).
Attachment

Attachment

Attachments: Selection_329.png (16.8k), Selection_330.png (8.2k)
Flag Flag
8/20/14 3:32 PM as a reply to Kathrin Poser.
Hi Kathrin,

is it possible that you have selected as file format NetCDF4-BEAM for the good and NetCDF4-CF the bad one?

regards
Marco
Flag Flag
8/20/14 4:12 PM as a reply to Marco Peters.
Hi Marco,

The processing was all in done in batch.

The L1P processing was done in Calvalus, output format selected NetCDF.

The C2R processing was done using gpt, I didn't explicitly set the output format, but used .nc as file extension.

Cheers,
Kathrin
Flag Flag
8/21/14 11:36 AM as a reply to Kathrin Poser.
Please add the option -f NetCDF4-BEAM to your gpt calls.
It seems that the automatic detection does not always detect the same format. The reason for this is that there are more than one writer which can write .nc files.
But at least it should be always the same. I've created an issue for this.

Marco
Flag Flag
8/21/14 9:22 AM as a reply to Marco Peters.
Hi Marco,

Adding the file format explicitly did the trick, thanks a lot!

Extra information for the ticket: It didn't seem to be random which format was chosen, running the files again would result in the same output format for each of them.

Cheers,
Kathrin
Flag Flag
9/11/14 3:38 PM as a reply to Kathrin Poser.
Hi again Marco

I have another question concerning C2R.

I'm running the Idepix. It works fine, but I can't run the C2R after doing the Idepix processing..

I manage to run the FUB processor after doing the Idepix processing though.

Best regards,
Anna Birgitta
Flag Flag
9/17/14 2:36 PM as a reply to Anna Birgitta Ledang.
Hi Anna Birgitta,

could you provide us the source product (the result of the Idepix processing), as well as the error message you get?
I guess you are using the latest BEAM version 5.0 with the most recent module updates?

Thanks a lot,
Olaf
Flag Flag