Welcome to the BEAM Forum!

We encourage you to sign in our forum and participate in the BEAM community. The forum is maintained by the BEAM project team who will most likely answer your questions within 24 hours (except during common holidays) - if not done by other community members. Collaborate, share your knowledge and learn from other users!

If you don't find what you are looking for, please also consider the following external forums:

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
Java error with .hdr file
toggle
Java error with .hdr file
beam-dimap java error band math
8/25/14 3:37 PM
Hello,

I tried to work with a .hdr file. When I compute new bands via the band math and than want to save the file I get an error. So I first saved it as .dim file, that works fine, compute the bands but when saving I get the same error. It does not matter if the new band is virtual or not.

I use BEAM 5.0

Thanks in advance,
Annelies
Attachment

Attachments: Selection_273.png (159.1k)
Flag Flag
RE: Java error with .hdr file
8/25/14 3:37 PM as a reply to Annelies Hommersom.
>> addition: when I do exactly the same with a similar file (other area) it works fine.
Flag Flag
8/25/14 4:59 PM as a reply to Annelies Hommersom.
Recently we have seen this error randomly. We haven't yet figured out what the problem is. If I remember correctly the file was written correctly despite of what the message is saying. Have you tried to work with the written result?

best wishes
Marco
Flag Flag
8/25/14 5:17 PM as a reply to Marco Peters.
Yes, after giving the error message that I posted, I assumed that it had not written these bands. However, in the saved product the bands are list, but these seem empty.
The statistics in the colour manipulator show a distribution, but in the image values are 0.0.

(Eh, this screenshot is from an other image with the same issue)
Attachment

Attachments: Selection_275.png (106.5k)
Flag Flag
8/25/14 5:47 PM as a reply to Annelies Hommersom.
Can you provide me the data please? The input and the output.
I'll send you an email with the location where you can drop the data.

Marco
Flag Flag
8/26/14 10:43 AM as a reply to Marco Peters.
It is on your ftp now.
Flag Flag
8/26/14 4:37 PM as a reply to Annelies Hommersom.
Thanks for the data.

I had a quick look into it but it needs further investigation. Unfortunately it is not possible to spent time on this. But I've created an issue (BEAM-1719) for this. So I hope we will not forget this.

best wishes
Marco
Flag Flag
9/9/14 11:00 AM as a reply to Marco Peters.
Hi Marco,

I now have another file with the same issue and found out that occasionally it works to save. It was send to me as .zip file, unzipped, opened in BEAM, could not do anything with it. The product had some stripes too. So I deleted the file, unzipped again and than I could open it (no stripes any more) and saved it as .dim.

After adding a new band it again could not save again, but when I did 'export' instead of save it suddenly worked. So I added all bands I wanted and got stuck again. Now I just tried all options and export + subset worked this time, I could save it.

So I do have the product I wanted now.

Not particularly helpful this I assume ;-). But maybe helpful for someone else with the same issue: just try to save in another way.

Best regards,
Annelies
Flag Flag