Welcome to the BEAM Forum!

We encourage you to sign in our forum and participate in the BEAM community. The forum is maintained by the BEAM project team who will most likely answer your questions within 24 hours (except during common holidays) - if not done by other community members. Collaborate, share your knowledge and learn from other users!

If you don't find what you are looking for, please also consider the following external forums:

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
RE: Filtered band creation from GPT
toggle
Filtered band creation from GPT
gpt java
8/16/14 8:47 AM
Hello BEAM dev team,

The SeaDAS/BEAM GUI allows creation of various filtered bands. (e.g. gradient detection with Sobel, Median...)

How can these be invoked from the GPT?

I also need to create new convolution filters (e.g. a Median filter with a configurable kernel size).

I know it is possible to create GPF operators from scratch to implement such functionality, but I assume the BEAM API would already provide ways to apply such filters.

thanks,
Kutila
Flag Flag
RE: Filtered band creation from GPT
Answer Answer (Unmark)
8/18/14 8:12 AM as a reply to Kutila Gunasekera.
Hello Kutila,

there is no gpt operator yet which can do the filter operation. It is only usable from the GUI.
With the new user filter functionality in BEAM 5.0 you can create your own filters. The kernel size can be set in the properties panel in the configuration dialog.
If you want to write your own operator which does the filtering you can have a look at the package 'org.esa.beam.visat.actions.imgfilter' in module 'beam-visat-rcp'. There you should start with 'org.esa.beam.visat.actions.imgfilter.CreateFilteredBandAction.actionPerformed()'. It is the entry point to the functionality.

best wishes
Marco
Flag Flag