Welcome to the BEAM Forum!

We encourage you to sign in our forum and participate in the BEAM community. The forum is maintained by the BEAM project team who will most likely answer your questions within 24 hours (except during common holidays) - if not done by other community members. Collaborate, share your knowledge and learn from other users!

If you don't find what you are looking for, please also consider the following external forums:

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
RE: After collocation - product already contains band and cannot open
toggle
Dear Forum,

I have made a collocated product by using as a master a geoTiff and slave a MEGS image. Datasets were reprojected to UTM33 WGS84.
I received an error while trying to open the result products. Error message is attached.
Basically it saids that there is already another band with the same name. I checked the dim file and only one band has that name "COSMETIC".

I perform the same operation with the geotiff but using as input file a FUB processed MERIS image, and I did not have this error. This error is only produced while using MEGS processed datasets.

Any help how to overcome that message, I need to create a timeseries but I cannot open a single image processed with MEGS and collocated using VISAT.

I tried to attach a dataset to replicate the error as tar.gz with size 9.4 MB but it was not allowed by the system. Please let me know where or how can I upload this sample dataset for you to review.

Cheers,

Jose
Attachment

Attachments: VISAT - Error_006.png (12.9k)
Flag Flag
7/29/14 9:39 AM as a reply to Jose M. Beltran.
Hi Jose,

it would be good to have the dataset.

A convenient way to share data is www.wetransfer.com (up to 2 GB ).
However, you can also upload to our ftp. I'll send you the login data by mail.

regards
Marco
Flag Flag
7/29/14 11:48 AM as a reply to Marco Peters.
The product contains many of the masks twice. One time as mask and a second time as band.
coastline, land_rename, cloud, water, cosmetic, suspect, pcd_1_13 and probably more. Seems to be all l2_flags.

You should have a look why and when those bands were created.
You can send me the input files, too, if you like.

Marco
Flag Flag
Thank you Marco,

I have added the source files and the gpt_graph that is produced automatically by my batch script in the FTP site.
Note that one of the source files is an .nc format output of ODESA/MEGS 8.1. The other file is an standard geotiff file with UTM33 WGS84 as projection.

I guess that somewhere in the process of collocation the bands of the nc file are duplicated. However, I cannot how according with the gpt_graph.

Thank you for your help,

Jose
Flag Flag
Answer Answer (Unmark)
8/6/14 10:30 AM as a reply to Jose M. Beltran.
Hi Jose,

a few findings from my side.
The netCDF is strange. Each flag is stored as a separate band. This is the cause of the problem. Actually it is not necessary to store the data this way.
However, by looking at you graph file I noticed that you have added a Subset and a Reprojection node. In general, when doing a collocation this is not necessary if the master has already the correct dimension and and the correct map projection. The slave is mapped onto the master product during the collocation.

But in this certain case you need at least a node which performs band subset on the NetCDF file. I've updated your graph file. Maybe you need to add ore remove some more bands. But be careful. In the list of band names no spaces and no line breaks are allowed.

best wishes
Marco
Attachments: gpt_graph.xml (3.3k)
Flag Flag
8/7/14 11:18 AM as a reply to Marco Peters.
Thank you Marco,

It is good to know that products from ODESA v1.2.4 when it is enabled the output as a netCDF it will be stored as a separate band and not will not be possible to open it in BEAM without headache. I have reported this issue to ACRI, here is the forum link:

http://www.odesa-info.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=164&sid=a0752cd2a96a92905183f0af29d8f6f2

I should use the subset to get the bands without duplicated band flags. However, I thought that the reprojection node have to be there if the master product does not have the same projection as the slave, right? I did not know that the collocation it will reproject the slave to map the master. I have used the collocation to add bands from a different dataset to another, so I can have all the bands that I want into one single dataset.

Cheers,

Jose
Flag Flag
Answer Answer (Unmark)
8/8/14 11:25 AM as a reply to Jose M. Beltran.
Thanks for contacting the ODESA support. I also thought to get in contact with them regarding this issue.

Marco
Flag Flag
8/19/14 11:50 AM as a reply to Marco Peters.
For all who are interested in this matter, there is a responds in the ODESA Forum.
http://www.odesa-info.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=164&sid=a0752cd2a96a92905183f0af29d8f6f2

regards
Marco
Flag Flag