Welcome to the BEAM Forum!

We encourage you to sign in our forum and participate in the BEAM community. The forum is maintained by the BEAM project team who will most likely answer your questions within 24 hours (except during common holidays) - if not done by other community members. Collaborate, share your knowledge and learn from other users!

If you don't find what you are looking for, please also consider the following external forums:

Combination View Flat View Tree View
Threads [ Previous | Next ]
Reprojecting Metop data
toggle
Reprojecting Metop data
beam geocoding georeference cloud mask java
6/25/14 11:19 AM
Sir,
I am able to read Metop -A, B redaiance,reflectance,grid data. (Using java)
But i want to apply these latitude, longtitude grids to radiance data.i.e. reproject the data using these grid values.
May be i should use TiePointGrid?
And i want to generate Cloudmask file from this reflectance data, what is the mathematical logic involved?

Please give me some suggestions..
Flag Flag
RE: Reprojecting Metop data
6/27/14 1:55 PM as a reply to SURESH KUMAR MANCHIKANTI.
Hi,

I don't know the format in which your data is provided. Which sensor of Metop are your trying to read?
But if the latitude and longitude values are sub-sampled compared to the other raster data TiePointGrid and TiePointGeoCoding are the classes you should use. If they are not sub-sampled you can add them simply as bands to the product and then create a BasicPixelGeoCoding by using GeoCodingFactory.

Cloudscreening is a big topic in the remote sensing community. There are a lot of algorithms and a lot of science work is going on. There is no easy answer to it.

best wishes
Marco
Flag Flag
6/30/14 12:50 PM as a reply to Marco Peters.
I am trying to convert AVHRR/3 - Advanced Very High Resolution Radiometer data.Actually it contains latitude, longitude grid are available at subsample of 20.i.e for every 20 pixels, lat long values are available.

I have tried the following ways, if any mistake please tell me.

1Product sourceProd=ProductIO.readProduct("metOP_Avhrr");
 3TiePointGrid latGrid=sourceProd.getTiePointGrid("latitude");
 4TiePointGrid longGrid=sourceProd.getTiePointGrid("longitude");
 6Product targetProd= new Product(new File("geo_metop","geocode",rasterWidth,rasterHeight);
 81.ProductUtils.copGeoCoding(sourceProd,targetProd);
102.TiePointGeoCoding geoCode1=sourceProd.getGeoCoding();
11targetProd.setGeoCoding(geoCode1);
133.TiePointGeoCoding geoCode1=new TiePointGeoCoding(latGrid,longGrid);
14targetProd.setGeoCoding(geoCode1);

but, none of them are working, please give me some sample code to create geocoded image using TiePointGrid,TiePointGeoCoding
Flag Flag
7/1/14 11:22 AM as a reply to SURESH KUMAR MANCHIKANTI.
There is already a Metop AVHRR reader. It hasn't released for 5.0 yet, but you can use it with 4.11. And I would guess that it will work in 5.0 too.
You can also have a look at the code at GitHub.

regards
Marco
Flag Flag