The L3 Initial Processor creates an empty bin database at the desired location.
It also defines all parameters used in the database update process:
- grid cell size
- geophysical parameter names
- bitmask expressions
- the binning algorithms and
- border coordinates.
The L3 Processor Processing Parameters tab
- Bin-Database: Select the location of the bin database by either
typing the database path into the text field or by pressing the file selection
button to invoke a standard file dialog.
- Resampling: Choose between binning and flux-conserving. When you switch
the resampling mode the way the grid cell size is meassured changes, too.
The binning resampling uses a sinusoidal equal area grid whereas the flux-conserving resampling uses
an equal angle grid.
- Grid cell size: In case of binning resampling the grid cell size is specified in kilometers.
If the resampling method is set to flux-conserving the grid is specified by the number of bins per degree.
- Max latitude: Enter the maximum latitude of the target product. All
pixels above this limit are rejected during processing.
- Min longitude: Enter the minimum longitude of the target product.
All pixels below this limit are rejected during processing.
- Max longitude: Enter the maximum longitude of the target product.
All pixels above this limit are rejected during processing.
- Min latitude: Enter the minimum latitude of the target product. All
pixels below this limit are rejected during processing.
- Log filename prefix: Select the prefix text used for the logfile
written during processing. For a complete description of the logging capabilities
please refer to the logging documentation.
- Expected L3 Product Size: Displays the estimated size of the final
Level 3 product. Please note that this size may be significantly higher than
the real disk size as the Level 3 processor dynamically chooses the minimal
product size possible with the given set of input products.
The L3 Processor Bands tab
It is possible to process multiple bands from the input product at once.
Choose the geophysical bands to be binned in the band chooser .
This is only possible if an input product has already been selected. Afterwards for each band the following
parameters can be specified:
- Valid Pixel expression: Type in a bitmask expression to be evaluated
during the binning process. This field might be left empty - then no bitmask
is taken into account and all pixels are processed. Please either type in
the bitmask expression into the text field or invoke the bitmask expression
editor by pressing the button to the
- Aggregation algorithm: Select one of the available aggregation algorithms.
- Weight coefficient: Enter the weight coefficient to be used during
The L3 Initial Processor processing request file
The following table describes
the L3 Initial Processor specific processing request file parameter. For a detailed description
of the processing request file concept and file specification please look at the general
||Request type. Mandatory attribute of the
||The request process type identifier.
||Absolute path to bin database to be created.
||The resampling method to be used.
||"binnig" or "flux-conserving"
||The grid cell size to be used during processing in kilometers (binning mode).
||The number of bin cells per degree (flux-conserving mode).
|band_name.0, band_name.1, ...
||Name of the geophysical parameter to be processed.
|bitmask.0, bitmask.1, ...
||Bitmask expression to be evaluated during processing.
|binning_algorithm.0, binning_algorithm.1, ...
||The binning algorithm to be used.
||"Maximum Likelihood" "Arithmetic Mean" or "Minimum/Maximum"
|weight_coefficient.0, weight_coefficient.1, ...
||The weight coefficient to be used during accumulation.
||Minimum latitude value of the target product.
||-90.0 - 90.0
||Maximum latitude value of the target product.
||-90.0 - 90.0
||Minimum longitude value of the target product.
||-180.0 - 180.0
||Maximum longitude value of the target product.
||-180.0 - 180.0