If your questions is not answered here, feel free to contact BEAM Development Team
- How can I create a synergy product using MERIS and AATSR?
- Why do I have no geo-referencing information in my exported products?
- Is there a reason why all the INVALID_* flags are not shown in the list of the Arithmetic Expression Editor?
- How is the PIN file (*.pnf) format defined?
- Which algorithm is used for creating RGB images?
- Why is the import of MODIS products disabled on Mac OS X systems?
- Is it possible to define a spatial subset by geographical coordinates, not by pixel coordinates?
- How can I extract tie point grids from a product for use with ENVI?
- Is it possible to do projections, subsetting & subsampling, product geo-boundary extraction or GeoTIFF creation in batch mode?
- TIFF images are exported with 8 bit per pixel. Is it possible to export them with 16 bit per pixel?
- How are pixels referenced in VISAT?
- Where is the jexp.jar (The Java Expression Parser & Evaluator) gone?
- Is it possible to process a MERIS Level 1 image into a Level 2 using Beam 3.2 ? If not, how can we have this "product" instead of the Level 1 images we already have?
- Is it possible to use other DEMs in Visat instead of the GETASSE30 DEM?
- I want to create BEAM-DIMAP data product header for my ENVI image files so that I can read them into VISAT. What are the mandatory elements in the BEAM-DIMAP header file?
- How can I improve the aspect quality of my pseudo-RGB images?
- Are there plans to support the AATSR products ATS_AR_2P or ATS_MET_2P?
- How can I export the spectrum of pixels?
- How can I calculate with bands from products with different geolocation?
- How can I use a ROI, which is defined in one product, also on other products?
- The automatic version checking of VISAT fails with an I/O Error. What can I do?
- If I convert a product (e.g. MERIS L2) to HDF5 and read it in Matlab, the tie-point grids have now a different resolution as the other bands. Why?
- I have noticed that the tie point grids are image dependent and not equal in terms of localization and orientation. Why?
- When projecting data products the projection is only applied to bands, but tie-point grids are removed. Why is the projection not applied to tie-point grids, too?
General BEAM FAQ
- How can I increase the available memory for the application I want to use?
- How does BEAM interpolate tie-point grids (e.g latitude) to resize them to the same dimension as the other bands?
- MERIS Level 2b data products do have the unit of normalized reflectance is shown in BEAM with "dl", what is the definition of "dl"?
- I want to use the output data of BEAM in MATLAB. But MATLAB only accepts the HDF4 format. What can I do?
BEAM Processor FAQ
- What meanings do the different parameters have to the SMAC processor? Which concrete models are used for processing?
- Do I have to perform the process individually for each band in the Level 3 binning processor?
- In the processing parameters of the Level 3 binning processor, the Grid cell size is set to 9.28 km. Why?
BEAM Developer FAQ
- Is it possible to call C routines from Java?
- How can I get geo-location data from Meris products with the API?
- How can I read a metadata attribute from MERIS products?
- Why is there a difference between the values of view-zenith (Sun-zenith,..) I extracted with the readPixel method of TiePointGrid.class and the values displayed by Visat?